One of the main things I learned this week is that I don't know near as much as I thought I did about Logistics/Operations Management. This is such a broad term with so many different areas that it touches that it is nearly impossible to narrow down a topic. I decided to work within the realm of Operations Management to at least begin that process. I've got some ideas of where I'd like to take the research, but I'm still decided which realm would make the most sense.
I've always known that Google and other generic search engines can be somewhat like rolling the dice, but it seemed to be accentuated on this topic, for whatever reason. This made me appreciate the recommended reference resources that much more. They allowed me to search with confidence within my specific topic and not be overly concerned with getting back an entry or site that wasn't trustworthy. This didn't keep me from checking up on the sources, but it did allow me to have confidence in it. I am still wavering a bit on my specific research topic, but I am currently leaning towards the "lean" aspect of operations management in the production/manufacturing world. This isn't set it stone, but it has definitely caught my eye as I have begun to read about it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment