Sunday, January 26, 2014

E-Book Research

          The book I chose to assess for this weeks research assignment was Leading and Managing the Lean Management Process, by Gene Fliedner.  I obviously didn't read the whole book, but I did read through most of the introductions, conclusions, as well as the preface.  This helped me to be able to get a good overview of operations management as a whole and then it allowed me to start digging a bit deeper within the lean processes of operations management, specifically in the Total Quality Management and Lean Practices and Tools chapters.  I didn't really have any  major headaches in searching through this week.  It only took a couple searches to come across this resource and this book provided all of the content I was looking for.  I've learned that lean operational practices are used among a broad spectrum of organizations, from hospitals to production lines.  I've been leaning toward the concept of higher production while still lowering overall costs, but I've become intrigued with the medical field using lean management as well.  I want to continue to research how it affects the medical field and see if a good research topic question can come from some additional time in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment