Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome!

     Welcome everyone!  My name is Robert and I am an Organizational Leadership student at Brandman with the hope of graduating December of this year!  This is only my second term at Brandman University after attending multiple junior colleges and universities throughout the country.   Once I finish my OL degree I hope to land a management position in the field of supply chain/logistics.  This is where all of my experience lies, so the hope is that finishing a Bachelor's Degree will open up new opportunities.

      As I look down the road I would love to know more about the specific certifications within the world of logistics operations.  This would include Six Sigma Black Belt Certification as well as the APICS certifications that are available.  Understanding these certifications and how they can help you progress in your career would be huge to maximize time spent on acquiring, or not acquiring them.  Due to the times we live in, I would love to improve upon my digital information fluency.  There is so much content to wade through online that it is tough to know what is relevant and/or trustworthy.  I am looking forward to spending the next eight weeks growing in all of these areas!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Robert, I have also chosen Organizational Leadership as a major. It sounds like we both would like to move into management and this coursework will hopefully open us up to more job opportunities. Most of my experience is in aviation maintenance so working with supply chains is a major part of the job. About five years ago the navy started using Six Sigma in some of it non-deployable organizations. These commands were also giving training to their personnel so they would be certified in Six Sigma. I never had the opportunity for any of the training.
    Marcus Passmore

    ReplyDelete