Monday, February 3, 2014

Journal Article Research

     This week was one of the harder weeks that I had to this point.  As I was initially searching through I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere.  The problem seems to have been with my topic, and/or my research question.  Through this weeks research I was able to narrow down my research question a bit more and I believe that this helped to pinpoint my research to where I was able to get relevant information.  With my topic narrowed down a bit more I was able to use this weeks publication to get a decent amount of background to lay a base for future research.  This week's journal article was able to give me somewhat of the history of Six Sigma principles as well as the way ahead.  Six Sigma is a widely used operations tool that many companies across a wide spectrum are using these days.  I hope to just continue to grow in my knowledge of Six Sigma and further my understanding of what it is and why it's important.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobby,
    I know very little about the subjects you've mentioned but it sounds interesting. My best friend graduated recently from Brandman with a BA in Organizational Leadership and now she's in the master's program for psychology. I suppose it can take you a number of places.

    I also found that narrowing down my research question was helpful. I can't imagine if we had to create some sort of empirical study but I suppose it will be pressure enough to write a thesis for our degrees at the end of all of this. I'm glad this class was one of my first 2 classes as I would never have known what I didn't know was out there on the web. Much more than Wikipedia, that's for sure.

    Are you in pursuit of your black belt?

    ReplyDelete