Monday, February 24, 2014
Annotated Bibliography
This week was a helpful time to be able to see the progress I've made over the last 7 weeks in LBSU 302. The first part of that is to see how I've grown in my ability to cite sources using the APA guidelines, as well as researching a specific topic. I liked the 6 sources that I had found in my previous research so I didn't end up using any new ones to complete my bibliography. I think the references used would allow for a well rounded bit of information on my topic. The most important and interesting thing about this topic, that would appeal to a wide audience, is seeing the transformation companies, or organizations make when they switch to Lean Six Sigma for their operational and production processes. Its fascinating to see how some organizations put little to no emphasis on making their processes better and more efficient. Once these companies understand the importance of efficiency, and they begin to implement LSS principles, it is amazing what can be done. Depending on the scope of the research paper, I would say there are always more things to learn, and understand about Lean SiX Sigma principles and how they affect a manufacturing environment. With that being said, I feel as though the article, books, and journals that I found gave a great overview and a wealth of knowledge on the topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobby,
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon and great subject matter. Lean Six Sigma is very popular among most organizations. I actually am not surprised by the lack of effort in production efficiency by some corporations. Safe to say they won't be in business to long and if they are they are certainly not being very good stewards of company assets. If they are not capable of incorporating efficiency, what other facet of their business is being neglected or omitted? Way to round out your research with articles, books and journals, and yes the task of learning is never over; until we die. Nice job and have a great weekend.
Gary Lock