Saturday, February 15, 2014
WEEK 6 BLOG POST
There were some new ideas introduced this week as well as some good reminders. One of the main new ideas that I came across was the idea of the Creative Commons licensing. I hadn't came across this before and I thought it was a cool concept to allow those who didn't want to wade through all the red tape normally associated with copyrights and the like, to get their work out there in the way that they wanted it. The other ideas discussed like intellectual property, plagiarism, and academic integrity were all areas I have visited before, but they were a great reminder because at times I can get lazy within these areas, and not think they are a big deal. I wouldn't say that any of the areas are unclear in this area, but I just have to be more careful to take the right steps. One of the biggest things that stood out to me was the citing of ideas, not just language. I have become lazy in a lot of my work if I'm not taking a direct quote from somebody to just rework the idea a bit and take it as my own. I need to do a better job in the future of giving credit everywhere it is due.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Bobby,
ReplyDeleteI can join you on your post when you say that reading about plagiarism was a good reminder. I have heard about it in all my classes, even outside of Brandman yet, it seems that some people do not take it as seriously as they should. In order to not get lazy, I usually cite my references on a different piece of paper as soon as I use it in the text. That way, I don't have to go back and look for it or even forget about it. It might seem like a lot of work at first but over time, I became faster at it and I found it very useful to do it this way. Maybe it can help you as well.
I was reading your other posts and I'm glad that this class helped you learn about research. I've come a long way too and it became much more interesting to write now, knowing all the resources I have in my disposition.
Good Luck for the last week!